Sunday, November 26, 2006

...and then winter arrived


This was the view out of our bedroom window this morning. The snow had started falling earlier in the evening. We were on our way back from a daytrip to Bellingham (thought we would take advantage of some of those Thanksgiving weekend deals). We didn't have any trouble getting home, but we did pass two car accidents after crossing the border. Hope everyone was alright.
I don't mind snow, as long as we don't have to drive in it. I would much sooner stay home where it is warm and dry. Glad it snowed on the weekend. That way everyone can prepare for alternate ways to get to work tomorrow, if necessary. Doesn't take much snow around here before driving becomes quite treacherous. People driving on improper tires, driving too fast, etc. They are calling for an additional 10-30cm (4-12in) today, depending on the area. I might just take the skytrain into work instead.
So, I think today would be a good day to make some art, maybe watch a movie and have a hot chocolate. Guess I better go and shovel the driveway first...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your winter pine photo is just idyllic. I left Michigan to get away from the cold, but I wouldn't mind being able to look out my window at a view like that... at least once a year! :) Hugs, Shari