Saturday, February 24, 2007

ruby dog's art house - puzzle swap

Here is a picture of the altered pieces I did for the recent Ruby Dog's Puzzle Swap. As there was no theme, I decided to mix things up and make them all different. The closest thing I had to a link was the word 'play' which appears on a few of the pieces. For those of you who are wondering what Ruby Dog's is...it is a fabulous art supply store located in Vancouver, BC. Leanne, the owner has a marvelous collection of ephemra and other hard-to-find art treasures. For those of you not in the neighbourhood, take a look at collage joy, Leanne's on-line shop for all your altered bits and bobs. Leanne is going to display the completed puzzles (60 participants) at RD's for a month so as soon as I get some pics of the completed creations, I will be sure to post them.


I owe a lot to Leanne and Ruby Dog's as this is where, two years ago this spring, I took a six-week altered book class taught by Lelainia Lloyd. Along with learning and making art, most importantly I made my first "art friends". It was a special group....Pat, Janice, Nadine, Deb (5cents), Maureen, Ethel (aka Wilma), Val and Lelainia. A natural kinship formed and we have since had many other occasions to get together (some or all of us whenever possible...not always easy as Ethel lives in Alberta, but seeing as she is Deb's mom she does come out to visit occasionally and we try to get together when she is in town).

It is because of this wonderful group of amazingly talented women that I have grown as an artist...heck, it is because of them that I call myself an artist! Because of them, I have had opportunities to meet many more artists through a variety of workshops and the most wonderful art experience to date: ArtFibreFest last June. If I were to mention all of the wonderful people I have since added to my list of art friends, I could be here all day. Hugs to the wonderful Fibre Feast Gang and the exceptional group from the AFF quiltlet swap; I would be remiss if I didn't send out a special "Nana Hug" to a very dear friend. You know who you are!

Thank you to all of those who have expanded my art world and are now part of it. There is a special place in my heart for each of you!

1 comment:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

AWWwwwww Deb... We LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!
xo!