Sunday, August 27, 2006

my little contribution

...to the silent auction, which was part of RubyDog's Arthouse 2nd Anniversary Celebration last Sunday. Check out the link for collage joy for a look at some of the fabulous items that Leanne has available on line.

It is a 7x7 (approx.) journal made with a quilted embellished cover. The base fabric was a piece that I had indigo dyed in a recent class taught by Catherine Nichols. I recommend everyone try indigo dying at least once. To work with something that is "alive" (chemically) for only a certain about of time and needs to be treated with such respect, provided a wonderful, organic art experience.

The event at RubyDog's was a great success, in most part thanks to two special art friends of mine...you know who you are!! I did my first demonstration; fabric embellishment, and was even asked to teach a class in the new year. That would be another first. I may take that leap in the spring of '07. Stay tuned (Eek!).

No comments: