Tuesday, June 26, 2007

let them eat cake...

I have been asked to do a commission scrapbook for a friend. When we initially talked about doing this project, it was going to be for his parents 45th wedding anniversary. Well, the timing wasn't right and other things like life stalled us a tad. Needless to say, their 46th anniversary just past and I am now smack in the middle of the project, having recently gathered all the pictures and well wishes from other family members. Guess it will either be a late 46th or an early 47th gift.

It has been challenging working on a scrapbook for people I have never met. Luckily, one of the family members obviously scrapbooks. Her package of pictures were numbered and she had supplied captions to go along with them. That has provided me with some additional insight into this wonderfully loving family.

I had particular fun putting together this page. After learning about and playing with molding paste in my last acrylic alchemy class, I thought... hmmm, icing! Perfect for this page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, this looks very realist! thanks for the info on the acylic paint that you like. Love what you've shared...!

Mary lin Huskamp said...

I LOVE this!!! The letters look yummy - so REAL!

Lu said...

i love how you made the letters look like icing!